Friday, June 4, 2010

Rosenberg Family Photos














I  had a chance to reconnect with an old acquaintance, Marc, from my childhood neighborhood. Back in the day, I used to do yard work for his father, Mr. Rosenberg. He was a cool guy to work for because he would give me a choice to get paid $10 in cash or $50 in stamps to help me build up my stamp collection. We would just go through my book and add the missing stamps that I needed.

I think my love of old stamps led me to becoming a graphic designer. As a child I would examine stamp engravings with a magnifying glass for hours on end absolutely amazed by the level of microscopic detail that the artists put into their work.

Anyway, the photo session was supposed to be a fun get together for Mother's Day. For the most part, it was enjoyable, but there was a strange incident that happened. We were photographing in a public park under a beautiful old tree when an overly aggressive rock climbing weirdo showed up. First of all, this guy drives out of the parking lot and parks his car right in background. He says he will move the car, but ends up camping out. He then proceeds to take a rope with a heavy lead weight and starts tossing it over the branches of the tree to establish climbing lines.

Let's just say this was dangerous with a 2 year old running around. Literally that lead weight landed a few feet from us before some choice words were exchanged. Some people like this granola warrior think the world revolves around them. That was his tree and nobody was going to delay him from climbing it. What a loser. Maybe he got hit in the head with his lead weight one too many times. ha ha

The full gallery can be seen here.