Friday, July 2, 2010

Spotting the Legendary Kawasaki H-2 750 from 1972

Here's something that you don't see everyday... a motorcycle with a kickstart. I have owned  seven motorcycles in my life and only one had a kick start. Since my Kawasaki KZ650 also had an electric starter, I would only use it if I was trying to look cool. I needed all the help I could get in college. Sad but true.


I had heard stories of the 2-stroke monster from the early seventies often called the Kawasaki Triple. I had only seen a few in passing, but here was one sitting right in front of me. She looked pretty good for a 38 year old motorcycle with just a hint of corrosion on the tank.



I could just imagine the blue smoke wafting up from the triple exhaust pipes like some 2-wheel mosquito fogger. It was great to see something this cool still on the road and ridden. There was over 41,000 miles on the odometer...many miles of smiles.


It had a single disk brake in the front and a drum brake on the rear. This baby was not really made for the curves, but could go in a straight line pretty fast.