Monday, November 30, 2009

Meeting the Tattooed Man

Steve's Photo Gallery


Steve's Photo Gallery
At a party I went to over the summer, I met a very interesting man named Steve who was tattooed all over his body. The gathering was a cool event that attracted a unique collection of characters that could have come from a traveling circus. There were fire jugglers, trapeze artists and acrobats. Many people were in costumes. These people knew how to have fun and everyone was friendly. Steve and the others allowed me to shoot them as much as I wanted.

Later I contacted him to share the photos. This is when I found out that he is a professional photographer and videographer... and a very accomplished one at that. Needless to say, this made me nervous after the fact. I had unknowingly photographed a  man who has been in the business longer than I have been alive. He shared some fascinating stories and insights with me, and I instantly liked him. You can see some of Steve Carmichael's photography here.