Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oakland Cemetery Tour in the Rain

Last year's Oakland Cemetery Tour was a almost bust as far as photography goes. I took this photo of Jenny while there was a tiny bit of daylight left.



There was no moon at all and it it was pouring rain. I did get to test my camera condom which protected my gear from getting soaked. The gloomy photo below accurately shows the weather.


Since there was barely any light, I tried long exposures and and high ISO settings.


There was one moment of the tour that moved me. There is a statue of a great lion near the unknown Confederate dead from the Civil War. The lion watches over them like a tireless guard. It was powerful.



Not every year can be a winner. By comparison, I captured a photo of what might have been a ghost the previous year... judge for yourself by looking at the last photo here.