Saturday, January 18, 2014

Family Portraits of Baby Lukas and His Parents

In 2012, I had the opportunity to photograph my good friends Justinas and Marie before they were going to have a baby. Looking back now, I think Marie was literally gonna pop. That maternity photo gallery can be seen in an earlier post here.

Later in 2013, I contacted them to see if they would return to the same spot where we took the previous pictures for a followup session.

My plan was to take the photos in the same location so when Lukas grew up he could see himself in a unique series of photo shoots.... "in the belly" and "in the world". I would like to say at this time that I am not responsible if these photos lead to the "where do babies come from?" question.


Young Lukas was not even a year old and already that boy had so much charm and charisma
that he wowed me during the photo shoot. He is incredibly smart and alert for his age. 


He would almost smile on command and respond to all the silly noises I was making.
Getting the attention of a child this young is not always successful.


Lukas is the perfect blend between Mom and Dad.


 The kid was a dream to work with, but that is what one might expect from a
child who has a model-like mother and a photographer for a father?


 In fact, if Lukas picks up at camera he will be the 
third generation of photographer in the Bartkevicius family. 


Dad is a giant so you gotta wonder how tall Lukas will be.


When I was packing up, I showed Lukas my camera. He knowingly
touched the shutter button, and I swear that kid winked at me. 
This just
proves that my photographic competition just gets younger every year. 
 

Maybe we will keep shooting a new portrait set annually until it is time for me
to hand the camera over to him.


I think this is how Lukas drives his dad around. Just tug the ears to steer in the right direction...