Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Portraits of a Little Lady

I love watching kids grow up. Just a few months apart makes the changes more discernible. I have been photographing Allessandra since she was born, and she has become quite the little charmer. Here she is pretty in pink.


This black and white photo hints at what she may look like when she gets older which is the perfect combination of Mom and Dad. She was photographed using old fashioned tungsten hot lights... which produces a different look in my opinion. Plus, they can heat a room on a cold day.


It is obvious that she loves her Daddy. I like how their faces are so close here.


She is getting taller than Pops (as long as he is sitting on the ground).


There is no such thing as a subtle smile at 4, as you can see here with Mom and Dad.


It was dreary outside but a little flash trickery made it look like a lovely Spring day with Mom.



I'm sure the neighbors did not mind me using their azaleas as a backdrop.


I noticed on the way back inside that the red door would make a great background for her blue polka dotted dress. A moment later she leaned against the unlatched door and tumbled backwards. She was unhurt, but the look on her face was utter surprise. What a trooper!