Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Headshot Portrait For an Atlanta Business Man

One of my favorite kinds of photography is the corporate headshot. There are many bad mugshots used on company web sites and literature, that I am happy to try to replace them. In today's global market, there may be work associates and clients that never meet face to face. The headshot is often the only impression that each person has of the other.



I was contacted by Daraka who had just moved to Atlanta and needed a headshot for his company's web site. He agreed to come to the studio and we proceeded to make several styles of headshot. I like to give clients a variety of lighting styles and or clothing options.


I can use very traditional backgrounds and lighting techniques for a conservative, timeless look. Or I can use edgy lighting and compositions to give the portrait a modern look... in this case my subject preferred no smiling.


Many times, a client will use one style for business and the other for social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, match.com, Linked-In or their email avatar.